Early intervention children's orthodontics,
Does your child have any of the following?
- Does your child dribble through the night on their pillow?
- Does your child snore whilst asleep?
- Does your child typically breath through their mouth and not through their nose? Generally dry lips and mouth are common problems.
- Does your child have some speech problems ( lisping, lack in confidence talking)?
- Is your child always susceptible to colds and flus?
- YOUR CHILDREN’S HEALTH CONCERNS- COULD IT BE ATTRIBUTED TO SIMPLE DENTAL RELATED TREATMENT?When young kids are growing up, winter and spring seem to brings out the most common of health concerns. Colds, flus and respiratory concerns. But are some of these directly related to general dental/orthodontic problems?In essence, some actually are and by informing parents of some of the following symptoms, these may be easily corrected by a general check up at our Family Dental Practice, Dentolgy Dental Care.
Early Intervention – No Braces removable appliance treatment
At Dentology Dental, we use a variety of removable appliances that are designed specifically for each case.
A removable appliance can be highly effective as long as it is worn as instructed. Compliance is crucial if one is to expect success with anything other than braces. In simple terms, this means that some children need to wear plates 24 hours a day (any colour they like) for a number of months, depending on the severity of course.
Different appliance is indicated for different problems such as to expand or widen arches, to align teeth or to guide jaw growth and development. Most plates are efficient when used when the patient is still growing. This is why treatment is started ‘early’.
Fees vary depending on the degree of difficulty and are covered in the information pack.
The right age to come in for orthodontics?
Orthodontics can be done at any age including adulthood, but it is often easier when younger. Approximately age 8 is the best time to bring children so as not to miss possible opportunities to minimise treatment
A view from one of our senior dentists, Dr Zayed on the Early Intervention Arch Development System
“I have seen the incredible results that can be achieved when we focus on arch expansion. Put simply, we put our effort into creating space for teeth rather than extracting them. It is my view that arch development (also referred to as arch expansion) can provide a fuller smile which generally leads to a better aesthetic outcome. My approach is on early arch development in children to make room for the adult teeth before they erupt. Once arch development is complete, then we focus at straightening the teeth using other removable appliances. I am very pleased with the results this treatment achieves. Parents are pleased by broad smiles and fuller faces they see in their children, even mid treatment. If you are interested in considering an alternative to braces, then please contact us to make an appointment for a consultation.”
Dr Zayed is one of our Dentists at Dentology Dental Care who provide treatment Early Intervention – No Braces for younger children.