22nd April, 2020.
We welcome the news, we are moving back to Level 2 restrictions. We are now able to see all of our Orthodontic patients and continue treatment including
Simple non-invasive fillings
30th March, 2020,
We have now moved to Level 3 restrictions. We will continue to see patients requiring urgent care or emergency appointments and will continue to keep our valued patients updated of our ability to service your families.
27th March, 2020
Good morning everyone,
WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Due to the increase in community transmission CONVID-19& under the guidance provided by the Australian Dental Association, , Dentology Dental Care will provide URGENT and EMERGENCY Dental care for the community and our valued patients.
WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT THE HEALTH AND WELL BEING OF OUR COMMUNITY AND OUR STAFF, SAFELY AND RESPONSIBLY ABOVE ALL ELSE.
To ensure your safety and our staff we have intruded strict protocols for all patients entering the practice.
What Are We Doing To Make Our Clinic Safer For You?
Our practice has deployed strict infection control protocols to ensure that your visit is as safe and hygienic as possible. These include:
- Asking all patients a series of screening questions prior to booking an appointment.
- Prominent signage at the clinic entrance denying access to those afflicted with any of the known COVID-19 signs and symptoms.
- The use of hospital grade disinfectant on all equipment after every use
- The availability of hand sanitiser upon entry to the clinic, and at various points throughout the clinic.
- Spraying of disinfectant throughout the clinic on on every surface after each patient.
- Rigorous clinician hand hygiene protocols between patients.
- Social distancing in the waiting room and clinic rooms where possible.
- All benches , dental chair armrests, and surfaces that the patient comes in contact with are wiped before and after each appointment.
- All staff use strict PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) protocols in line with Level 2 Operations for our Patients.
Screening Procedure for Appointments
Upon phoning the clinic, all clients will be asked a series of questions prior to booking an appointment. These will be:
- Have you, or anyone you have been in direct contact with, returned from overseas travel within the last 14 days?
- Are you feeling healthy and well, with no symptoms of:
- Sore throat
- Runny Nose
- Nasal congestion
- Shortness of breath
- We will offer a laser temperature test in the event you are not confident with the above symptoms.
Social Distancing Procotols Within The Clinic
We have currently removed all but two chairs in the waiting room, and no standing in the waiting room is permitted if these chairs are occupied. Patients will be asked to wait outside or in their car until their allotted appointment time if the waiting room is at capacity (2 people).
In addition, we will continue to practise wherever possible the 1.5 metre distance rule between each of us.
Be vigilant, stay healthy and stay positive. We’ll beat this.
Dr Chris Zayed / Rob Harwood Principals / Director – Dentology Dental Care